"Advanced funeral planning gives you the peace of mind that comes with knowing your funeral arrangements are taken care of while lessening the burden on your survivors." - American Association of Retired Persons"
There are several advantages of prearrangement:
Without a doubt, the most important reason for prearranging your funeral is to spare your family many difficult decisions at a very emotionally trying time. During this stressful time, when reason is clouded, even the most sincere desire to create a fitting tribute can result in emotionally compelled overspending and other regretful decisions.
Peace of Mind
We often have special wishes concerning our funeral arrangements. Decisions Made Early provides you and your family with the comfort of knowing that everything will be taken care of according to your wishes.
If you choose to pay for your prearrangement services and merchandise, those designated funds lock in today's prices, protecting you and your family from steadily rising costs. For added protection, prearrangement funds are held by a legal reserve life insurance company under the laws and supervision of each state and federal regulatory authority.
Some of the decisions for Pre-Planning include:
- Deciding on funeral times and locations
- Choosing a cemetery grave space
- Selecting a cemetery marker or monument
- Notification of friends and family
- Notification of clergy
- Gathering statistical information for a death certificate
- Gathering information for an obituary
- Selecting printed material
- Selecting a casket and burial vault
- Choosing Casket Bearers
- Choosing other service details including readings and music
- Selecting floral arrangements
- Selecting clothing for the deceased
- Choosing a photograph for the newspaper notice
- Arranging for military or other fraternal participation